Please no plagiarism and make sure you are able to access all resource on your own before you bid. Main references come from Murray, C., Pope, A., & Willis, B. (2017) and/or American Psychological Association (2014). You need to have scholarly support for any claim of fact or recommendation regarding treatment. APA format also requires headings. Use the instructions each week to guide your heading titles and organize the content of your initial post under the appropriate headings. Remember to use scholarly research from peer-reviewed articles that is current. Please follow the instructions to get full credit for the discussion. I need this completed by 03/26/20 at 4pm.
Discussion – Week 5
Top of Form
Counseling Clients With HIV/AIDS
Sexually transmitted infections (STIs), and HIV/AIDS in particular, are physical health conditions that can have a profound impact on a client’s psychological and relationship functioning. For example, a psychological impact may be that the client feels shame or guilt for having acquired the infection. An example of a relationship impact may be that a client’s disclosing to his or her partner that he or she has the infection may lead to suspicion or mistrust within the couple’s relationship.
Counselors also may hold certain biases and assumptions or have particular emotional responses to clients with STIs, specifically HIV/AIDS. These may relate to the client’s prognosis for meeting treatment goals, the counselor’s level of hope for the client to have a satisfying life, and/or stereotypes about how these infections are acquired. Left unexamined, these biases, assumptions, and emotional reactions can impact a counselor’s ability to work effectively with a client with an STI, including HIV/AIDS.
To prepare for this week’s Discussion, consider how counselors’ views about HIV/AIDS may impact their perceptions of how the client is affected by the infection at the psychological and relational levels.
With these thoughts in mind:
Post by Day 4 two potential counselor reactions to a client who has HIV/AIDS. Explain how each reaction might influence the counselor’s perceptions of the psychological and relational impact of HIV/AIDS when working with the client.
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the Learning Resources.
Bottom of Form
· Course Text: Murray, C., Pope, A., & Willis, B. (2017). Sexuality counseling: Theory, research, and practice. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage
· Chapter 4, “Physiology and Sexual Health”
· Article: Joe, J. R., & Foster, V. A. (2017). Moral development, HIV/AIDS knowledge, and attitude toward HIV/AIDS among counseling students in the United States. International Journal for the Advancement of Counselling, 39(3), 295–310. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
· Article: Rose, J. S., Sullivan, L. T., Hairston, T., Laux, J. M., & Pawelczak, M. (2015). HIV/AIDS knowledge among professional counselors and counseling students in Ohio. Journal of LGBT Issues in Counseling, 9(1), 2–16. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
· Interactive Media: “Physician Referral Sheet”
· Audio: Profile: Sister Agnes Ramashiga, nurse and counselor for HIV and AIDS patients at Baragwaneth Hospital in South Africa. (2003, December 1). All Things Considered. Retrieved from the Walden Library resources.
· Video: PBS. (2007). HIV Ministry. Retrieved from: http://www.pbs.org/wnet/religionandethics/2007/10/19/october-19-2007-hiv-ministry/4447/
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more