Please no plagiarism and make sure you are able to access all resources on your own before you bid. Main references come from Murray, C., Pope, A., & Willis, B. (2017) and/or American Psychological Association (2014). You need to have scholarly support for any claim of fact or recommendation regarding treatment. APA format also requires headings. Use the instructions each week to guide your heading titles and organize the content of your initial post under the appropriate headings. Remember to use scholarly research from peer-reviewed articles that is current. Please follow the instructions to get full credit for the discussion. I need this completed by 05/06/20 at 7pm.
Discussion 2 – Week 11
Positive Sexuality & Professional Development
The novel Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy begins with the words: “All happy families are alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.”
To prepare for this week’s Discussion, consider whether this quote could apply to human sexuality. In other words, consider whether healthy, positive, satisfying sexuality is the same for everyone, but unsatisfying, unfulfilling, and unhealthy sexuality is negative in its own unique way. Also consider whether you think there is some basic path to positive sexuality or whether the path may look different for each person and what societal implications are inherent in this. Lastly, from a more macro perspective, please consider what you have learned about sexuality across this quarter and how that has impacted your comfort level when working with clients experiencing issues surrounding sexuality. Lastly, what are your plans for ongoing growth in this domain?
With these thoughts in mind:
Post by Day 4 an explanation of what positive sexuality and healthy sexual functioning mean to you, both individually and relationally, and how these attitudes reflect or differ from broader social attitudes toward sexuality. Then explain what controversies may arise because of society’s different views on positive sexuality and healthy sexual functioning. In addition, share how what you have learned about sexuality across the course of this quarter has helped you to feel more competent in the area of sexual counseling and how a positive view of sexuality influences your comfort level. Lastly, include a professional development step you could take to gain further competency.
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the Learning Resources.
· Course Text: Murray, C., Pope, A., & Willis, B. (2017). Sexuality counseling: Theory, research, and practice. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage
· Chapter 10, “Positive Sexuality: A New Paradigm for Sexuality Counseling”
· Article: Beagan, B. L., & Hattie, B. (2015). Religion, spirituality, and LGBTQ identity integration. Journal of LGBT Issues in Counseling, 9(2), 92–117. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
· Article: Domínguez, D. G., Bobele, M., Coppock, J., & Peña, E. (2015). LGBTQ relationally based positive psychology: An inclusive and systemic framework. Psychological Services, 12(2), 177–185. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
· Article: Etengoff, C., & Daiute, C. (2015). Clinicians’ Perspective of the Relational Processes for Family and Individual Development During the Mediation of Religious and Sexual Identity Disclosure. Journal of Homosexuality, 62(3), 394–426. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
· Article: Ratts, M. J., Singh, A. A., Nassar-McMillan, S., Butler, S. K., & McCullough, J. R. (2016). Multicultural and Social Justice Counseling Competencies: Guidelines for the Counseling Profession. Journal of Multicultural Counseling and Development, 44(1), 28–48. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
· Article: Ridley, J. (2009). What Every Sex Therapist Needs To Know. Journal of Family Psychotherapy, 20(2/3), 95–111. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more