From the readings below select three texts and write a 5 pages thesis-based essay that a) analyzes and synthesizes the views of these three writers and b) that explains how their style can influence my own perspective about writing. Focus on the idea of how these texts can improve the way I write and what is their value from a college student perspective. The essay should include:
Summarize each text, indicating an understanding of the authors’ arguments and rhetorical strategies.
Indicates careful analysis and synthesis of chosen readings which allows you construct and share an original perspective that derives from, but is clearly distinctive from, the work of others.
Explain the author’s perspective in writing and present an original perspective that can be attributed to my writing style.
Mention how important it is for you to develop writing skills, emphasizing in your personal experience and the goals to be achieved in the future from the contribution that these authors bring to your writing perspective.
Use textual evidence effectively to support claims, incorporating quotations, summary, and paraphrase using MLA citation style.
• Ten Ways To Think About Writing: Metaphoric Musings for College Writing Students (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. by E. S. Reid
• Composition as a Write of Passage (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. by Nathalie Singh-Corcoran
• Critical Thinking in College Writing: From the Personal to the Academic (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. by Gita DasBender
• Looking for Trouble: Finding Your Way into a Writing Assignment (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. by Catherine Savini
• How to Read Like a Writer (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. by Mike Bunn
These texts are available at http://writingspaces.org/volume2 (Links to an external site.) Links to an external site.