Fred, a fit and healthy 44-year-old, was working outside one warm summer afternoon. When he returned home by the end of the day, his lower back felt sore and he felt nauseated. His wife made him dinner, but he was not hungry and chose to go to bed instead. Fred’s symptoms progressed, and soon he was rolling on the bed with excruciating pain. He said his back hurt as well as his stomach and groin area. The pain would ease off only to return a short while later, and when it did, Fred would begin to sweat and run to the bathroom to vomit. His wife became concerned and she helped him into the car and rushed him to the hospital.
Please answer the following questions and submit your assignment via Blackboard by the due date.
1. At the hospital, an abdominal radiograph showed the presence of renal calculi in Fred’s right ureter (urolithiasis). What is the pathophysiological mechanism of stone formation in the kidney?
2. In the hospital, Fred’s urine is being strained for the presence of stones that he may have passed. What is the importance of this action?
3. What are the 4 primary types of renal calculi and what are the risk factors for each of these types of renal calculi?
4. Hydronephrosis can be a complication of renal calculi. Why is hydronephrosis such a serious complication?
5. View the following youtube video entitled “How do kidney stones form?” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd1OgaoHkNk&ebc=ANyPxKpOSV5R2ZhGO16_RyRrOJqxvxX0LqasixjcubWhDn5frqXcvCZuFFZQG3nvVpZSTFL0HxuUpkycrKY94szkE_ucwYOCQg
Identify two key points that you learned about renal calculi in the video?
Grading:Subject Knowledge and Accuracy (6 points)
Bibliography / Citations / Writing (3 points)
This book should be used as reference also:
Porth’s Pathophysiology: Concepts of Altered Health States (9th edition) ISBN-13: 978-1451146004ISBN-10: 1451146000
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more