Credit History Worksheet
Go to the Fair Isaac Co. website: www.myfico.com. (Do not buy a credit score unless you choose to do so.) For this activity, go to “Learn about scores.” Review this page, and follow the link to “What’s in your score?” From this page, follow the links to learn more about credit scores.
Note: You do not have to share your personal credit score or other details in this worksheet.
Using what you have learned about credit scores, respond to each of the following questions in a minimum of 50 words:
1. What is a credit score? When and why is a credit score important?
2. What are the top two factors in your FICO score? What actions can one take to earn the most points in these categories to improve a FICO score?
3. Your credit score can impact how much you pay on credit you use throughout your life. Enter the four fields into this calculator to estimate how much more you might pay over time. First, try it with your current estimated credit score; then, move the slider to see how much less you would pay with a higher score, and then how much more you would pay with a lower score.
Current Estimated Score Range
Higher Score Range
Lower Score Range
Enter the total cost of credit for each range
4. In at least 50 words, how would you summarize the results of the Credit.com calculator?
Go to www.annualcreditreport.com, the only site authorized by the Federal Trade Commission to provide free consumer credit reports. Request one free credit report from one of the three credit reporting agencies (if you are unable to download a report, complete this activity using a sample credit report from www.experian.com).
Using what you have learned about credits reports, respond to each of the following questions in a minimum of 50 words:
1. What type of information is included on a credit report?
2. How long might negative credit history, such as a 60-day delinquency, remain on your credit report? If any negative history is incorrect, what steps would you take to correct the error?
3. What did you find surprising about credit reports?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more