Don’t need to copy the question just write the number and answer.
HISTORY 204 “ANCIENT CIVILISATIONS: GREEK HISTORY AND ARCHAEOLOGY, c. 3000-323 B.C”.
Instructor: Maria Antoniou
Choose and answer four (OUT OF SEVEN) questions. Your answer should be 10-15 lines. Each answer is worth 25 points.
1. What do you know about the Minoan religion during the Bronze Age? Also, name some artworks (categories of objects and specific examples) that provide us information about Minoan religion.
2. Give a description of a Minoan Palace and analyze its importance. Name the major palaces of Crete during the Bronze Age.
3. What do you know about the Writing System in the Aegean during the Bronze Age?
4. What do you know about Mycenaean Architecture? Name a few of the major Mycenaean palaces.
5. What are the characteristics of the Early Cycladic culture? Describe briefly the two major categories of artworks that we find on Cyclades during the Early Bronze period.
6. What kind of objects were used as tomb markers during the Geometric period? Give a brief description and name a couple of specific examples.
7. What do you know about the Greek Colonization period? Date, motives, consequences, extent. Name a few of the most important colonies.