- Respond to each item. Each response should be concise and between 2–3 paragraphs in length.
- Use MS Word to write your responses, and submit your answers to all three questions in one Word document.
- Copy and paste each question within the document, so that your Instructor can see to which question you are responding.
- The NAEYC Conceptual Framework for Early Childhood Professional Development explains that “a defining characteristic of any profession is a specialized body of knowledge and competencies shared by all its members that are not shared by others” (1993, p. 5). Based on the eight elements identified in the position statement, choose two of the first seven that are of special interest to you and, for each, set and explain a goal for yourself that you believe will further your own growth and learning in this area. Then respond to the last element on professionalism by explaining two ways that you can demonstrate you are making “a commitment to professionalism” (p. 5).
- From your reading of the article “What Do We Mean by Professional Development in the Early Childhood Field?” summarize key points about professional development from the six guiding assumptions presented on pages 2 and 3. Identify at least one point that offered you a new insight about professional development in the early childhood field and explain why.
- According to the article on reflection, “Take a Closer Look,” describe what is meant by reflective practice. Although the article places reflective practice in the context of a school, explain how you could use reflective practice to support your growth as an early childhood professional in whatever setting you may work./10.pdf
Order your essay today and save 25% with the discount code: STUDENT