Research Paper Information:
• You can only write your research paper about the three broad topics given. No
research paper written about a topic other than the three given will be accepted for
• You will need at least 6 different sources of support for your thesis. At least one of your
sources must be an academic/scholarly journal. Refer to the lesson on academic vs.
popular for clarification.
• You must use the Cerritos College Library Databases to find the majority of your
• This paper must at least be (1250-1500 words) 5-8 pages in length. Do not exceed 9
pages in length.
• You will include a Works Cited page at the end of the paper. The Works Cited cannot be
counted as your 5th page. If you are unsure about how to create a Works Cited page, then
refer the Works Cited lesson for more clarification.
• You cannot use a research paper that you have written before for another class.
• You must adhere to all MLA formatting guidelines.
• You cannot use the personal pronouns (I, I’m, me, we, us) in your research paper except
in the introduction and the conclusion.
• This research paper is worth 200 points, which is 20% of your grade.
• You will post the four parts of the research paper drafting as responses to
Discussion Questions on Canvas. Refer to the “Timeline/Directions for Research
Paper Drafting” on this prompt for more instructions.
• Your final draft will be uploaded to Turnitin.com by June 23, 11:59pm.
• You cannot use a late pass on the research paper or the research paper drafting.