The Reaction/Article Summary should focus on the geography of immigration from the Middle American or North African/Southwest Asian Realm to the United States (see Chapter 3 for more information about the subject as it relates to geography) . The article should be current (dating back to 1/2016 at the earliest) and structured according to the Sample Template.
Reaction Paper / Article Summary
You will write one short reaction paper/article summary. For the assignment, you will choose an article related to the week’s chapter topic (the specific assignment will be posted to the Announcement page and the sample (template) is on the Assignments page).
Here are some guidelines:
• The article must be an electronically retrievable article from a newspaper, periodical, or academic journal.
• The purpose of the assignment is to stimulate critical thinking and give you the ability to research a current event related to geography. The assignment also provides an opportunity for you to organize your thoughts and provide a brief critique on important topics. In addition, you can demonstrate your content analysis and MLA writing skills.
• The writing must be your own, so the content cannot be copied from another source, in whole or in part.
• The length of the paper should be one-two page(s), single spaced, and have one-inch margins all around. Please use 12-point Times New Roman font. Skip a line between paragraphs, and indent the first line of every paragraph five spaces. Please review the provided template for format.
• You are required to use the template provided, this will help to simplify completing the assignment. Not following the assignment guidelines will result in a point deduction from your overall grade.
• Your paper, a word-processed document, should be submitted as an attachment through the Assignment page, submission link.
• Your grade is based on the extent to which you adhere to the proper format, you write clear, coherent sentences, and you apply your reading and understand the impact it could have on your everyday life.
Don’t forget to cite your source for this assignment.
All sources must be cited for each project and paper submitted for a grade. It is not acceptable to cite google.com, yahoo.com or other search engines. Instead, the instructor must be able to access the specific information used in the assignment by clicking on a link or accessing library material. The preferable citation style is MLA; however, it is acceptable to use other citation styles as well.
It is not acceptable to use Wikipedia or other reference material (dictionaries, encyclopedias) as sources for your assignments. While Wikipedia and other reference material can be consulted in order to obtain background information, they are not acceptable as sources.
The textbook can only be used above and beyond other sources. In other words, if three sources are required, the textbook can be the fourth source.
The instructor is entitled to use turnitin.com to check for plagiarism. If this plagiarism checker indicates that more than 23% of the discussion posting, paper or project was plagiarized, the student will fail the assignment. If plagiarism continues on other assignments, the student will fail the course. It is not necessary to provide a warning before assigning a failing course grade for plagiarism. The instructor reserves the right to report plagiarism, pursuant to college policy (as indicated in the Student Handbook and College Catalog). It will not be possible to withdraw from a class if a determination of reoccurring plagiarism has been made; instead, the student will receive a failing grade for the course.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more