As the full-time bookkeeper, your job is to make sure all transactions are recorded properly. If there is an error, each correction needs the reason for the change and the effect on each account, whether it is an increase or decrease.
1. What are some examples of transactions that would need to be recorded or journalized?
2. Can you provide an example of a transaction and the journal entry from either Chapter 2 of our textbook or from your current employer?
3. Why is it important to accurately record the transaction you selected?
4. Can you think of any events that where no entry would be recorded?
5. Suppose, a co-worker has recorded a cash receipt twice and wants you to record a correcting entry that will reverse the mistakes. The correcting entry will record a credit to the Cash account and a debit to the Sales account. Your co-worker has offered to buy you dinner for fixing this mistake.
6. What should you investigate before making a decision about the correcting entry? What is happening to the Cash account? Would you accept a dinner offer from your co-worker for fixing the mistake?
Based on your review of Chapter 3, describe an adjusting journal entry that is needed at the end of an accounting period.
Why are adjusting entries important and how do they contribute to accurate financial reporting?
Accrual accounting is required under U.S. GAAP. One of the main principles of accrual accounting is the Matching Principle, also known as the Revenue Recognition Principle and the Expense Recognition Principle. Consult are liable resource online and in your own words, explain the difference between accrual basis accounting and cash basis accounting. How does this relate to the Matching Principle?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more