Given in the what’s upFinancial Management- Week 2 Assignment
SBS/ABS – MBA/MSC- 2021
UNIT TITLE: ___________________________________________________ NAME (in Full): ___________________________________________________
• All weekly assignments are to be submitted on 25th November 2021 on www.atmsstudentportal.com with the login credentials shared earlier.
• Assignment if submitted to any staff or kept in cc while submitting the soft copy will NOT be considered for marking.
• If assignment is not submitted on date, will follow with penalty of 10% deduction of marks for every day. • Any Assignment submission extension request must come to Azra Fatima (Head: Examination | Academic) – firstname.lastname@example.org 5 days before the date of submission with a valid reason and supported documentary evidence.
• Similarity between students work is strictly not accepted, any student found with similar work will be graded Zero and fail for the course. However, Plagiarism is an academic offence and will not be tolerated. • Any re-evaluation request should come in one week of grade release. Any late request will not be obliged. (Form and other details shall be shared based on request)
• Any rescheduling request should come and fulfilled within two months after the actual date of the assessment. Any late request will not be obliged.
• Assignment once submitted to exam board is final for marking.
• Program participants are strongly advised to keep a copy of their work in case the submitted copy should go astray.
• Total 90 marks. 10 Marks for Class Participation. Final marks will be converted
to 90 marks.
• Please refer the academic guidelines uploaded in the student portal for further
GUIDELINES FOR ASSIGNMENT
a) If assignment is Question & Answer based then.
• Introduction is needed for each question.
• Question has to be answered based on the mark allotted for each question with references if any idea or information is taken from other source.
b) If assignment is case based then,
• Executive summary
• Table of content
• Body of assignment (questions related to case need to be answered)
• Conclusion / Recommendation if any
• References (in-text + citation) to be used.
Total Marks / 90
Plagiarism is a form of cheating, by representing someone else’s work as your own or using someone else’s work (another student or author) without acknowledging it with a reference. This is a serious breach of the Academic Regulations and will be dealt with accordingly. Students found to have plagiarized can be excluded from the program.
Plagiarism occurs whenever you do any of the following things without acknowledging the original source:
✓ Copy information from any source (including the study guide, books, newspapers, the internet) ✓ Use another person’s concepts orideas
✓ Summarize or paraphrase another person’s work.
How do I avoid plagiarism?
To ensure you are not plagiarizing, you must acknowledge with a reference whenever you:
✓ use another person’s ideas, opinions or theory
✓ include any statistics, graphs or images that have been compiled or created by another person or organization
✓ Paraphrase another’s written or spokenword.
What are the penalties?
The penalties for plagiarism are:
✓ Deduction of marks,
✓ A mark of zero for the assignment or the unit, or
✓ Exclusion from the program.
Plagiarism is dealt with on a case-by-case basis and the penalties will reflect the seriousness of the breach. Please note claiming that you were not aware of need to reference is no excuse.
ASSIGNMENT TASK: 2 (20 Marks)
Answer the following questions:
1. Calculate the following ratios for Rio Tinto plc for the year ended 31st December 2019 (10 Marks in total- 1 mark per correct ratio)
1. Return On Capital Employed
2. Inventory Turnover (stock days)
3. Debtor ratio (debtors’ days)
4. Creditor ratio (creditor days)
5. Current ratio
6. Quick ratio
7. Debt/equity ratio
8. Interest cover
9. Return on Equity
10. Price Earnings Ratio (P/E Ratio)
Share price at close of business on 31st December 2019 = 4,503 pence
£/$ exchange rate @ 31st December 2019 = $1.326
2. Using the 2019 ratios you calculated in question 1 and the 2020 ratios calculated in the session 2 topic 1 lecture write a brief report (500 words in total) which compares the performance of Rio Tinto plc across both years.
Your marks for this question will not be affected by any errors you may make in the calculations in question 1. If you have been unable to calculate any ratios in question 1 you can assume an answer for 2019 and write your report accordingly.