The final six- to eight-page paper will demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of E-Business topics and concepts. The title of the paper will be “An e-Business Analysis of _____________.” The blank will be filled in with the name of a company you select that is doing business online. It can be a traditional click-and-mortar company, or one that is completely online, such as a pure-play etailer. The company can be in any of the four categories of e-commerce (B2B, B2C, C2B, or C2C). The goal in writing the Final Paper is to demonstrate an ability to analyze a company based on the concepts presented in this course.
The paper will discuss the following:
1. A thorough executive summary and an overview of the company, its history, background, and stage in the company life cycle
2. The need(s) the company addresses and the customers it pursues
3. The role of the Internet in strategy: business strategy, Information Systems Strategy (IS), Information and Communication Technology Strategy (ICT), and e-Commerce Strategy (EC)). Also, address the knowledge management strategies the company uses.
4. The online user types for this company and the e-commerce considerations.
5. Technological advantage of e-business to this company.
6. The impact of Internet regulation to e-business companies.
7. EC Metrics of an e-business company.
8. EC Security of an e-business company.
9. Limitations to Global e-commerce.
10. Include 6 to 8 Scholarly Sources and cite them within the body of the paper.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
1. Must be six to eight double-spaced pages in length (excluding the title and reference pages), and formatted according to APA style.
2. Must include a cover page that includes:
a. Student’s name
b. Course name and number
c. Title of paper
d. Instructor’s name
e. Date submitted
3. Must include an Overview/Executive Summary of the company (write this portion of the assignment last in order to summarize the key points of your paper).
4. Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
5. Must include a conclusion paragraph
6. Must use six- to eight- scholarly sources.
7. Must use APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide to document all sources.
8. Must include, on the final page, a Reference Page that is completed according to APA style.
Turban, E., King, D, Lang, J. (2011). Introduction to Electronic Commerce (3rd ed.). New Jersey: Prentice Hall.