Week4 6215C Trauma-Informed Social Work Practice With Children and Families
• • Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2014). SAMHSA’s concept of trauma and guidance for a trauma-informed approach. Retrieved from https://store.samhsa.gov/system/files/sma14-4884.pdf
• • Deblinger, E., Mannarino, A. P., Cohen, J. A., Runyon, M. K., & Steer, R. A. (2011). Trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy for children: Impact of the trauma narrative and treatment length. Depression and Anxiety, 28(1), 67–75. doi:10.1002/da.20744 Note: You will access this article from the Walden Library databases.
• • Walkley, M., & Cox, T. L. (2013). Building trauma-informed schools and communities. Children & Schools, 35(2), 123–126. Note: You will access this article from the Walden Library
The likelihood is high that some clients you may see in your social work practice will have experienced some level of trauma. Just as social workers prepare to be competent in other areas of assessment, it is important for you to learn principles of trauma-informed practice.
In this Discussion, you share your understanding of SAMSHA’s concept of trauma and how to operationalize trauma-informed practice. You also demonstrate your understanding of trauma-informed practice at each of the three levels of social work intervention.
• A brief overview of the concept of trauma, including the three “E’s.”
• Provide examples from each of the three levels of social work practice (micro, mezzo, and macro).
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more