Week 1 6456
Overview of Couple and Family Counseling
Readings must use the reading.
· Course Introduction
· Gurman, A. S., Lebow, J. L., Snyder, D. K. (2015). Clinical handbook of couple therapy. New York, NY: The Guilford Press.
o Chapter 1, “Theory and Practice of Couple Therapy: History, Contemporary Models, and a Framework for Comparative Analysis”
· Williams, M. (2012). Couples counseling: A step by step guide for therapists. Boston, MA: Viale Publishing.
o Chapter 1, “Getting Started” (pp. 1–23)
o Chapter 2, “1st Session: Intake” (pp. 25–40)
· Chambless, D. L., Miklowitz, D. J., & Shoham, V. (2012). Beyond the patient: Couple and family therapy for individual problems. Journal of Clinical Psychology, 68(5), 487–489.
· Fischer, D. J., & Fink, B. C. (2013). Clinical processes in behavioral couples therapy. Psychotherapy. Advance online publication.
· Minuchin, S. (2017). Systems therapy. Psychotherapy Networker Magazine, 41(1), 37-38.
· Tambling, R. B., Anderson, S. R., & Wong, A. G. (2016). Expectations about couple therapy over time. Contemporary Family Therapy, 38(4), 353-360.
· Whisman, M. A., & Baucom, D. H. (2012). Intimate relationships and psychopathology. Clinical Child and Family Psychology Review, 15(1), 4–13.
The Dynamics in Working With Couples and Families
Post three examples of how working with couples and families differs from working with individuals. Explain these differences. Then, explain any challenges you may face related to this distinction in your professional practice based on your current skills. Provide an example scenario that illustrates your post.
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the resources.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more