MUST FOLLOW THE ATTACHED GRADING RUBRIC…..NO EXCUSES!
LET CHAT asap FOR MORE DETAILS.
Using the readings from weeks 7 and 8 as a baseline, analyze, test and document the results for the tutoring web application found on the SDEV virtual machine. Use both manual means and automated tools (e.g., ZAP). The latter will enable you to discover more information than a cursory manual examination. Specific tests to be conducted include:
2. Testing for Stored Cross site scripting (OTG-INPVAL-002)
What is the importance of testing for this vulnerability? What happens when you attempt to add a pop-up window (e.g., <script>alert(document.cookie)</script>) to the email input field within the “index.html” field? Can you introduce Stored Cross site scripting?
3. Testing for SQL Injection (OTG-INPVAL-005) Did your manual and automated testing discover any SQL Injection vulnerabilities – if so, how many? (Note: There should be at least one occurrence). Name two or more steps you can take according to the reading to resolve the issue. Fix and test at least one occurrence of the vulnerabilities – displaying your resulting source code and output results.
4. Testing for Code Injection (OTG-INPVAL-012) What is the importance of testing for this vulnerability? What are at least two measures you can take to remediate this issue? Can you input some simple html code or exploit Remote File Inclusion (RFI)?
5. Test business logic data validation (OTG-BUSLOGIC-001)
What are at least two examples of business logic errors? This could be from various input forms or areas you discovered in previous HW assignments. How can you mitigate against such errors?
6. Test integrity checks (OTG-BUSLOGIC-003) Do Drop down menus exist and are they sufficient for the application? Why does the use of drop-down menus help mitigate against this risk? Does your manual or automated scan reveal the use of password “AUTOCOMPLETE”? What issue, if any, does the use of AUTOCOMPLETE pose?
7. Test defenses against application misuse (OTG-BUSLOGIC-007)
What is the importance of testing for this vulnerability? Can adding additional characters in input fields cause unexpected results? Verify for at least two instances.
You should document the results for the tests, your comments, and recommendations for improved security for each security control tested in a word or PDF document. The format of your document should be the format that is recommended in chapter 5 of the OWASP testing guide. Provide screen captures and descriptions of your tests conducted. Discuss any issues found and possible mitigations.
Note: The SDEV Virtual Machine you downloaded and used for SDEV 300. The URL is here if you need to download it again: https://citeapps.umuc.edu/SDEV/ The VM runs on the latest version of Oracle Virtual Box. The directions to reinstall the Tutoring Web Application are also included in the course resources – which also includes any required passwords.
You should submit your document by the due date. Your document should be well-organized, use the OWASP recommended reporting format, include all references used and contain minimal spelling and grammar errors.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more