A young woman is put through an extensive battery of tests to determine the cause of her abdominal pain.
– She is diagnosed with gastric ulcers.
– Apply your knowledge of anatomy and physiology in answering the following questions.
– Include names of tissues/organs/systems involved and the associated physiological processes.
– You can write this in narrative form or simply number and answer the questions individually. You can use your textbook, but also use sources other than your textbook as specified in the grading rubric. Be sure to follow the grading rubric closely to guide you and maximize your grade for the assignment.
– Questions that need to be answered in 3-5 sentences each question:
1. What is thought to cause ulcers? Name and explain 2 causes.
2. Discuss 3 different categories of medications used to treat ulcers and explain their action in the treatment of ulcers.
3. Name and explain 4 life threatening problems which can result from a poorly managed ulcer.
4. Why did the clinic doctor warn the woman not to take aspirin or NSAIDS?
Continuing from the previous information regarding the young woman – her ulcer gets worse. She starts complaining of back pain. The physician discovers that the back pain occurred because the pancreas is damaged.
5. Explain why and how the pancreas could be damaged.
6. What lifestyle changes/practices could help prevent or treat ulcers.
Important approved internet sources:
– (1) Sites such as: Mayo Clinic, Cleveland Clinic, John Hopkins University or other medical universities or teaching hospitals. (2) Health care journals ( medical, nursing, other health professions) (3) CDC, NIH or other governmental agencies (4) Organizations representing professional specialties or prominent advocacy organizations such as American Gastroenterology Association (5) Textbooks other than course textbook. Avoid popular magazines or web sites or blogs, or websites which do not list a professional medical author. If your source does not fit into the above criteria or if you are not sure, contact instructor for approval of the source.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more