Ethical Issues in Engineering Design
1. Discuss some ethical issues faced in engineering design. Provide some examples from our text book and/or the Internet and present ideas to resolve those issues. (write at least 3 paragraphs)
2. Research the case studies of space shuttle incidents of the Challenger” in 1986 and “Columbia” in 2003. Answer the following questions: (Use the template: Evaluation of Case Study)
· What are the factors that contributed to each incident?
· What were the similarities between the two cases? Do they reveal any common ethical issues?
· Discuss the concept of blame responsibility and causation in relation to these incidents.
Engineering and Ethics
Evaluation of Case Study (For Assignment submissions)
Please follow the steps when analyzing a case study and answer the questions in the assignments.
Step1: Describe the issues discussed in the case study. (write 1-2 paragraphs)
· Read the case study and understand what the issues are presented and write it in your own words.
Step 2: Present the concepts and principles that could be applied to address those issues. (write 1-2 paragraphs)
· After understanding the issues in the case study, try to recall the concepts learned in the course and think which principles are relevant and could be applied to this particular case.
Step 3: Analyze the case study using the principles. (write 1-2 paragraphs)
· Once you are sure of the principles to be used to address the issue, then try to analyze the problem using reasoning and multiple viewpoints.
Step 4: Discuss your solution to resolve the ethical issue. (write 1-2 paragraphs)
· After analyzing the problem, you would come up with a solution to resolve the issue in a way you think is best. Remember it’s your analysis and there might be different ways to resolve the issue.
Step 5: Answer the questions asked in the assignment.
· Don’t forget to answer the questions asked in the assignment as they carry points.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more