Theory of Change or Logic Model
Review Resource C: “Logic model resources,” in O’Neal-McElrath (2013). Identify and post the theory of change or logic model used by your organization. Include any graphic representation of the model or theory. Summarize the theory or model.
· NOTES FROM THE PROFESSOR:
· Good Morning –
· Good Morning –
· ToC seems, to me, to be about filling in the gaps.
· . It is The Plan. In Details. Think of GPS instructions (and what they should be). Did your GPS ever give bad directions? I had mine get stuck a couple of weeks ago, she kept telling me (we call he Violet) “Turn right. Turn right. Turn right. Turn right.” She put us onto a detour which we followed. At one point, she took us into an apartment complex parking lot, and the detour ended (literally) at the end of the parking lot – and there was no exit. We wound up backtracking and getting out of there by driving through the construction zone, dodging road graders and piles of rubble along the way.
We needed our gaps filled, and a better plan. That is what ToC does. There are no mysteries, there is a reason for everything. And a backup plan for the backup plan. We evaluate everything all along the way and adapt and adjust as needed.
The weakest spot (to me) is unintended consequences. We cannot plan for everything, so the plan stays flexible – whether it is a corporate plan using ToC or using GPS.
O’Neal-McElrath, T. (2013). Winning grants step by step: The complete workbook for planning, developing and writing successful proposals (4th ed.). San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
· Step 4: Defining Clear Goals and Objectives
· Step 5: Developing the Methods
· Resource C: Logic Model Resources, p. 122
· Worksheets (Links to an external site.)
Search for theory of change or logic model for 3-5 resources available to grant writers and grant funders, such as “Mapping Change: Using a theory of change to guide program evaluation”
“Locke’s Goal Setting Theory: Understanding SMART Goal Setting”
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more