For this assignment you are to CREATE a COURSE SYLLABUS. PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW FOR EVERYTHING THAT IS NEEDED FOR YOUR SYLLABUS
PLEASE DO NOT COPIED ANOTHER COURSE SYLLBUS YOU MUST CREATE YOUR OWN (AT LEAST 3-4 PAGES)
WHAT BELONGS IN A SYLLABUS?
WHAT AM I LOOKING FOR IN GRADING?
1) *Class Name – what school – dates class would be taken – credit hours
2) *Instructor information – best contact method for students
3) *Course objectives / student expectations
4) *Course materials
5) *Course calendar
6) *Major Assignments due with timeline and grading (points or percentages)
7) *Tell how grades are calculated; When assignments are due.
8) *Communicate connection from assignments back to objectives
9) *Other information: Attendance/Tardy policy, Plagiarism policy, Resources
A syllabus is more than a checklist of items to do.
It should do more than dictate. It is communication.
It sets the tone for the course-
Express expectations and outcomes intended.
Objectives should be listed, as well as deadlines.
(Other information, course sensitive: Lab materials or calendar,
Writing lab resources, Plagiarism policies, etc.)
THINGS THE SYLLABUS CAN HELP COMMUNICATE:
*Students need to understand what is expected from them.
*They need to understand their purpose / what outcomes they can look forward to / how their lives are improved by taking the course.
*It should be well-written to prevent misunderstandings throughout course.
*Tell how grades are calculated; When assignments are due.
I need this syllabus for an Old Testament or a New Testament Class