The PICOT QUESTION:
For Patient with immobility and elderly patients 60 years and above, will negative pressure wound therapy compared to Standard moist wound therapy, Improve the therapeutic process of pressure ulcer within two months of hospitalization.
1. Dumville, J. C., Webster, J., Evans, D., & Land, L. (2015). Negative pressure wound therapy for treating pressure ulcers. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.cd011334.pub2
2. Shi, C., Dumville, J. C., Cullum, N., Rhodes, S., Jammali-Blasi, A., Ramsden, V., & McInnes, E. (2021). Beds, overlays and mattresses for treating pressure ulcers. The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, 5, CD013624. https://doiorg.ezp.waldenulibrary.org/10.1002/14651858.CD013624.pub2
3. Fernandez, L., Ellman, C., & Jackson, P. (2017). Initial Experience Using a Novel Reticulated Open Cell Foam Dressing with Through Holes during Negative Pressure Wound Therapy with Instillation for Management of Pressure Ulcers. Journal of Trauma & Treatment, 06(05).
4. Mäki-Turja-Rostedt, S., Stolt, M., Leino-Kilpi, H., & Haavisto, E. (2019). Preventive interventions for pressure ulcers in long-term older people care facilities: A systematic review. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 28(13-14), 2420–2442. https://doi.org/10.1111/jocn.14767
5. Xie, X., McGregor, M., & Dendukuri, N. (2010). The clinical effectiveness of negative pressure wound therapy: a systematic review. Journal of Wound Care, 19(11), 490–495.
The Assignment (Evidence-Based Project)
Part 3A: Critical Appraisal of Research
Select four articles from the above five articles and conduct a critical appraisal of any of the four peer-reviewed articles you selected by completing the Evaluation Table within the Critical Appraisal Tool Worksheet Template.
Part 3B: Critical Appraisal of Research
Based on your appraisal, in a 1-2-page critical appraisal, suggest a best practice that emerges from the research articles you reviewed.
Briefly explain the best practice, justifying your proposal with APA citations of the four research articles.