1. What were the first four locations hooked up to the Internet (ARPANET)?
2. What does the term packet mean?
3. Which came first, the Internet or the World Wide Web?
4. What was revolutionary about Web 2.0?
5. What was the so-called killer app for the Internet?
6. What does the term VoIP mean?
7. What is a LAN?
8. What is the difference between an intranet and an extranet?
9. What is Metcalfe’s Law?
10. What is the difference between the Internet and the World Wide Web? Create at least three statements that identify the differences between the two.
11. Briefly define each of the three members of the information security triad.
12. What does the term authentication mean?
13. What is multi-factor authentication?
14. What is role-based access control?
15. What is the purpose of encryption?
16. What are two good examples of a complex password?
17. What is pretexting?
18. What are the components of a good backup plan?
19. What is a firewall?
20. What does the term physical security mean?
21. Find the information security policy at your place of employment or study. Is it a good policy? Does it meet the standards outlined in the chapter?
22. How diligent are you in keeping your own information secure? Review the steps listed in the chapter and comment on your security status.
23. Discuss how learning changes over time impact organizational culture. What is the impact of this cultural change on the success of IT projects?
24. Review the Roles of Line Management and Social Network and Information Technology sections. Note the various roles in the organization and note the similarities and differences within each role. Also, note how innovation technology management shapes how we communicate amongst coworkers within an organization.