Please introduce yourself to the class. Should be 200-300 words in a paragraph form.
This discussion does not require a response to a classmate. You have the option to comment or give feedback to any posting.
Don’t hold back or be shy, and remember to NOT fill it with purely academic information.
Tells us 3 INTERESTING things about yourself.
Part of the learning in the online world is being able to get to know each other through our personal lives and activities.
There is no right or wrong way to write this — it is your bio!
Note: Please do use proper netiquette when posting anything within our course. That means, not using texting slang, all caps, emoticons. Always be polite and courteous in all course communications.
Here are some questions / suggestions that might assist you in your thinking:
1. Always include your name
2. Favorite childhood memory / family / pet(s)
3. Tell about your hobbies / jobs
4. Why you decided to go to nursing school / study habits
5. Favorite foods (describe) / favorite TV show or movie / favorite music / favorite holiday / favorite vacation
6. What do you want us to know about you?
7. Who are your role models and why?
8. What language do you speak at home? In public?
9. What frightens you? Why?
Perceptions of Aging
The threaded discussion will provide the student with the opportunity to explore different topics, share what he/she is learning with classmates, and gain clarity about the content. This assignment reflects student centered independent learning.
The student will:
• Apply critical thinking through participation of selected topics
• Engage in thoughtful discourse with peers
• Incorporate topic discussion into clinical judgment and decision making within the setting
• The original post must be at least 200 – 300 words in length
• Describe what you feel is a typically older adult.
• What are some of the typical characteristics you would expect to observe?
• What are your thoughts about aging for your parents and/or yourself?
• Share an experience you have had with an older adult (give examples). It can be positive, negative, challenging, or humorous. What did you learn from this experience?
• Post one response to the original post of any classmate
• Your response should be 50+ words
• Posting should ask for clarification, challenge respectfully ideas, or describe a situation that illustrates the points being made. Simply agreeing or disagreeing with a post is NOT adequate.