Part 1: Analyzing “stock market condition“. (Note: Collect S&P500 index prices using Yahoo! Finance.)
1) From Yahoo! Finance, download S&P500 daily index prices over the period from Dec. 31, 2019, to Jun 30, 2021.
2) Calculate daily S&P500 index returns and daily cumulative returns over the sample period.
3) Plot the cumulative returns and analyze the plot.
Part 2: Analyzing “TED Spread”. (Note: Use FRED Economic Research Data.)
1) Download daily “3-month London Interbank Offered Rate (LIBOR), based on U.S. Dollar” over the period from Dec.31, 2019, to Jun 30, 2021. ( https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/USD3MTD156N )
2) Download daily “3-month Treasury Constant Maturity Rate” from Dec.31, 2019, to Jun 30, 2021. ( https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/DGS3MO)
3) Calculate daily TED spreads over the sample period.
4) Plot the spreads and analyze the plot.