The Paper’s Statement (Statement and Purpose together – 2 full page)
· From our introduction of the chapter [insert chapter name], we see that the author [insert author’s name] has presented many ideas on how decision-making is affected.
· We, however, limit the scope of our paper to the one issue of …….
· We take an analytical approach to this one issue. Our analysis entails………
· This issue is important to us because……….
· The main question, therefore, we are trying to answer, based on this issue, is……..
· The purpose of this paper is to……..
· Part of our purpose is to gather information that answers or confirms the paper’s question, towards making recommendations in solving the decision-making issue we identified.